Researched Nutritionals, InflaQuell$53.98
Inflammation Support - Vegan/100% Vegetarian, Buffered Proteolytic Enzyme Formula
InflaQuell is a proteolytic enzyme system formulated to promote a healthy inflammation response by the body.
Features & Benefits:
• Buffered with ginger for your patients’ sensitive stomachs
• 100% vegetarian formula removes the concerns about porcine or bovine based products
• InflaQuell works in a wide pH range (2.75 – 7.8), providing optimal absorption versus animal sourced enzymes which work well only in a more alkaline medium
• Wide pH range eliminates the need for enteric coating, which may cause inconsistent absorption and product performance
• Uniquely formulated to promote a healthy inflammation response versus a general enzyme product formulated for both digestion and inflammation support
What is Inflammation?
Inflammation is a normal process which protects the body from infection and foreign substances. It is also the body’s immune response to irritation, injury, or trauma. In most cases, the body responds instantly with a full frontal attack. A host of chemical compounds known as inflammatory mediators regulate the entire process; these include histamine, prostaglandins, kinins, leukotrienes and a group of plasma proteins making up the complement system. Their function is to choreograph the vascular and cellular effects of inflammation. Blood flow to the injured area increases, while blood flow away shuts down. Blood vessels become more permeable, fluid seeps into the tissues, and the capillaries become engorged. These events all result in three of the four cardinal signs of inflammation: swelling, redness and heat.
When is Inflammation Unhealthy?
In some diseases and conditions, without the presence of foreign substances, the immune system triggers an inflammatory response by sending its soldiers (immune cells) on a search and destroy mission unwittingly against it own organs and tissues. Such conditions are called autoimmune diseases. This type of chronic inflammation wreaks progressive damage to tissues and organs and contributes to a wide variety of patient health issues.
The Harvard Medical School’s March 2004 Focus stated that “researchers at Harvard School of Public Health and the Harvard Medical School have found another strong and independent predictor of diabetes, C-reactive protein [CRP], a marker of inflammation that is better known as a risk factor for cardiovascular disease.”2
What are Proteolytic Enzymes?
Enzymes work with the body’s innate mechanisms to promote healing and allow inflammation to progress naturally. They support the production of various cytokines, activate large proteins, such as alpha-2-macroglobulins, and slow the clotting mechanism, which provokes a healthier healing response. Proteolytic enzymes refer to the various enzymes that break down protein into smaller units. These enzymes include the animal based pancreatic proteases chymotrypsin and trypsin, bromelain (pineapple enzyme), papain (papaya enzyme), as well as the plant or fungal proteases, and serratio-peptidase (the “silk worm” enzyme).
Why is InflaQuell so Unique?
- InflaQuell 100 Blend
- Protease 6.0
- Plant based pancreatin alternative
- Protease consisting of amylase and lipase obtained from the fermentation of Aspergillus oryzae and Aspergillus niger
- Pineapple sourced enzyme with positive animal trials showing significantly reduced total white blood cell count which increases with the onset of asthma, compared to the control group(3)
- Furthermore, eosinophils, the main inflammatory cells associated with asthma, were reduced by more than 50 percent in the lungs of the mice following treatment with bromelain(3)
- Proteolytic enzyme system derived from Aspergillus oryzae andAspergillus mellus which has been designed as an alternative to serratio-peptidase in dietary supplements used for cardiovascular, anti-inflammatory, respiratory, or immune support.
- Aspergillus melleus has been shown both in vitro and in vivo to significantly inhibit inflammatory responses(4)
- Head to head in vivo trial between protease form Aspergillus melleusand serratio-peptidase, protease formAspergillus melleus not only showed better anti-inflammatory results than serration-peptidase, but it also showed fewer side effects(5)
- Papaya sourced enzyme with preliminary studies in promoting a healthy inflammation response
- Protease 6.0
- Pro Capillary & Buffering Blend
- A bioflavonoid that has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory activities. Beneficial to circulation by the ability to improve venous tone and decrease capillary fragility and permeability
- Gently buffers the capsules for sensitive patients